If an entire edited book with authored chapters is cited, the editor is listed as the author with the abbreviation "ed." after his name, or "eds." if there are more than one editor. Multiple editors are formatted the same way as authors.
- List first editor with the last name first, followed by a comma and "ed."
- Example: Smith, John D., ed.
- Multiple editors are separated by the word and and are followed with a comma and "eds."
- Example: Smith, John D., and Rosemary L. Jones, eds.
- Example: Smith, John D., Rosemary L. Jones, and Steven G. Harper, eds.
- Only the first editor's name is inverted. Second and third authors are formatted normally