When you have a citation to an article like the example below, follow these steps:
Sample citation: Smith J, Dearmun A. Improving care for children requiring surgery and their families. Paediatric Nursing. 2006; 18(9):30-33.
1. Determine the title of the journal. In this example, the journal title is Paediatric Nursing.
2. Look up the journal title in the library Full-text Periodical List to see if it's availalbe online.
- Enter the title of the journal in the search box.
- If electronic access is available, a screen will appear with the dates available the databases that carry the title. Click on the database link that has the date you need and then select the corresponding volume and issue, or search within those results for your topic keywords.
3. If your title does not appear in the Full-text Periodical List, you will need to see if we have it in print.
- Go to the Online Catalog from the library homepage.
- Choose the Power Search option and enter the name of the journal in the title box.
- Select Periodical from the material type drop down menu and click search.
- Click on the title of the journal you want from the results list.
- Look at the dates listed next to Main Run to make sure our subscription covers the date you need.
- You should be able to find the journal either in the Periodicals Stacks at the front of the library or shelved in the stacks with its corresponding call number. If you need help locating your desired copy, please ask one of the reference librarians.
4. If the Dixie State University Library does not have the journal you need, see the tab above for Obtaining Items not Available at Dixie State University to learn about Interlibrary Loan.