Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How do I search for articles?
- Go to the library home page at: https://library.dixie.edu.
- For a general search, click Article Databases→General/Multi-subject→Academic Search Ultimate. (Academic Search Ultimate is a good place to start because it has a broad range of full-text items.)
- To limit results to peer reviewed/scholarly articles, check Scholarly (Peer Reviewed) Journals.
- Insert search terms into the search box. Use AND and OR operators as needed to improve the quality of your search.
- A search for the term Civil War returns 150,434 results. You can narrow this search by using AND.
- A search for the term Civil War AND Ulysses S. Grant returns 1,609 results.
- A search for the term Civil War AND Ulysses S. Grant AND Fort Sumter returns 216 results.
What database should I use?
- If you are researching in a specific field such as science, psychology, music, etc., select from the databases listed under your preferred topic area.
- If you are researching a more general or interdisciplinary topic, start with the databases under the General/Multi-subject list. Academic Search Ultimate is usually a good place to start because it has the broadest and largest collection of journal articles from varying subject areas.
How do I access the article databases from home?
Go to the library home page at: https://library.dixie.edu.
Click on Article Databases and select your desired database.
A box will pop up asking for your username and password. Use your dmail username and password for access.
, Foreign Languages
, Grants / Patents
, Test Prep